setting up TRK for BT-client on remote DLing server/NAS

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
administrator
Support

Re: setting up TRK for BT-client on remote DLing server/NAS

Post by administrator » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Hello :)
KilroyQuasar wrote:sorry, but how do i check it? is this it?

http://bt1.xbox-sky.cc:8888/announce.php?sid=
I see that this tracker uses http:// requests to track user's downloads and uploads. TRK supports it and no problem to cheat here. TRK Java doesn't work with udp:// and https:// trackers, but there are few such trackers and this tracker is ok for TRK.
KilroyQuasar wrote: anyway, so, i confirm that TRK & deluge work very cryptically, while rtorrent+ruTorrent+TRK work almost as uTorrent+TRK on PC! :)

with deluge+TRK, although the particular tracker's status reads 'not found' in the deluge-client, but the torrent still downloads, TRK updates some stats, but on the tracker-page, there's no info whether i downloaded or uploaded anything! its as if i fetched the whole torrent cryptically, without their knowing! :shock: :o :roll:
this isn't good, i suppose.
I'm trying to find the device like you have to make a tests. It sounds like Deluge uses non-standard HTTP proxy request and the tracker doesn't understand it and returns error. I think Deluge gets peers from DHT and it allows you to download files without statistic updates.

I will try to run deluge on virtual mips device today to see if the latest deluge has the same problem as you described.

Sorry for delay.

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:51 am

no problem! thanks! yes, TRK works well for that tracker, albeit, Deluge is the culprit here.
pls let me know when you find a solution. i will then conclude this long-running thread with the summary of what i did to achieve the end-result. :)

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Can you send me your rules.xml file please? :) I was testing TRK with Deluge all day long today with different settings and it works as expected. I'd like to try your settings to be sure that I did all tests correctly.

Thank you. :)

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 pm

alright. will send.

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:04 am

hello admin! had emailed the 'rules.xml' file to you that day itself. any result with that?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Hello.

I was making tests for several days with Deluge for PC and MIPS router. I couldn't reproduce the problem.
There is new test TRK Java version with requests logging.
Please, check http://www.torrentratiokeeper.com/downl ... erTest.jar . We've added command like parameter:
-logeachtorrent:1|0 (TRK will log uploaded/downloaded stats to torrents.log file. Default value is 0)
It will create torrents.log file with your torrent client's history. Can you send me this file after several hours or more of seeding/leaching? :)

Thank you.

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:05 pm

alright. will do. :!:

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:21 am

hello admin!

today i've started downloading a new torrent from that same tracker, about which i had written earlier (was seeding back the last downloaded torrent till now). using TRK test jar file, and deluge. however, still, the same issue as earlier. enabling 'web-seed' and 'HTTP proxy' in deluge's settings gives tracker-error - 'not found'; and if i disable the proxy and then update the tracker, the tracker-status shows as 'announce ok', and the download starts. i have now enabled the proxy AFTER the download has started this way. am sure the torrent would be 'snatched', ie, the stats on tracker-side won't get updated, and it won't show there that i have downloaded anything. still, will carry on this for the torrent.log file to fill completely, and then email that to you after a few hours of seeding back.

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:21 am

admin, could you please share your deluge-settings? am seeing no solution to this. basically, it is:

1. if proxy set as 'localhost', & '3012' in deluge, then tracker status --> error: premature end of file

2. if proxy set as '127.0.0.1', & '3012' in deluge, then tracker-status --> error: not found

3. if torrent-download put ON after setting up the proxy, the download does not start, and there are no peers in swarm.

4. if proxy is disabled, and the torrent is put ON, the download starts, peers are visible in the swarm, and then if proxy is enabled while the download has started, the download becomes 'invisible' to the tracker, and the tracker's website shows as nothing is being downloaded/uploaded.

(the tracker in subject --> http://bt1.xbox-sky.cc:8888/announce.php?sid=)

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:54 am

Hi!

Can you send me the log file please? We will check Deluge's requests for this torrent tracker and look for the solution.
I was trying your settings on Ubuntu and Centos with Deluge and many torrent trackers. I couldn't reproduce this problem... Log file should help me to understand what's going on. It seems that Deluge on your device uses not regular requests and it makes problems.

When you are removing proxy settings, the torrent client connects directly to the tracker and gets info from it. If you set proxy settings again, Deluge will not be able to connect to the tracker again because of the request problem and the torrent tracker will be never updated... You will not find any stats update this way. I'd like to see the log file because it's very interesting problem.

Please, send the log file to admin@torrentratiokeeper.com