setting up TRK for BT-client on remote DLing server/NAS

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
KilroyQuasar

Re: setting up TRK for transmission on ddwrt

Post by KilroyQuasar » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:57 pm

administrator wrote:Hello :)
also, should i keep UPnP and DHT enabled in Deluge?
UPnP is a feature to auto-forward your torrent port. It makes possible for other users to connect to your ip directly. This feature can speed up uploading/downloading, but also can make your torrent application "hackable". If someone knows how to hack your torrent client, then he can just connect and do his job.
DHT is an alternative source of peers. I notice that trackers with DHT support is a bit faster and have more seeds (imho).
hello admin!

yes, you are correct. after writing my last post, i checked a few articles about UPnP and DHT, and they explained the same thing. i then turned them ON in deluge.

however, i may be now uninstalling deluge, and may start using the BT-client that you're using - Vuze. that is because, although deluge is a breeze to install, set-up, and use, it is giving problems in seeding after download. moreover, one of the trackers that i download from doesn't seem to actively support deluge.

i have installed Vuze now. just reading how to use it as a daemon, and use a webUI for it. will then start trying it.

anyway, i have a few doubts about usage of TRK; please help me understand:-

1. please tell me if this syntax is correct:

Code: Select all

java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0 -active:1 -upinc:50 -downdec:0 -port:3012
i have doubt about the last paramater, ie, 'port'. should that parameter be used in the above command, if i have already set-up proxy in the BT-client (to port 3012); and if yes, should i use it as -port:3012, or as -localhost:3012 / 127.0.0.1:3012 ?

2. can i not select tracker randomly? that is, in the GUI version of TRK, i can select-deselect whatever tracker i want to activate/deactivate TRK for. in this java version, how should i be doing it, if that is possible? i think using parameter as -active:1 selects/activates TRK for ALL the trackers, which i don't want happening.

3. instead of using the whole command/syntax as above, can i not simply do this - run TRK Windows GUI once for my preferred tracker. then, copy the settings.xml and rules.xml files generated on the PC, to my remote server box, and then simply run the TRK command with bare-minimum parameters, like:

java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0 -active:1 
that's it for now! thanks! :)

administrator
Support

Re: setting up TRK for transmission on ddwrt

Post by administrator » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Hello :)
KilroyQuasar wrote: 1. please tell me if this syntax is correct:

java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0 -active:1 -upinc:50 -downdec:0 -port:3012
i have doubt about the last paramater, ie, 'port'. should that parameter be used in the above command, if i have already set-up proxy in the BT-client (to port 3012); and if yes, should i use it as -port:3012, or as -localhost:3012 / 127.0.0.1:3012 ?
This command line is correct and port is -port:3012. You need to set http proxy 127.0.0.1:3012 on Vuze settings :)
KilroyQuasar wrote:2. can i not select tracker randomly? that is, in the GUI version of TRK, i can select-deselect whatever tracker i want to activate/deactivate TRK for. in this java version, how should i be doing it, if that is possible? i think using parameter as -active:1 selects/activates TRK for ALL the trackers, which i don't want happening.
We suggest to setup TRK on your PC and then copy rules.xml to the router. This way you can set different rules for each tracker and deactivate TRK for not needed trackers.
KilroyQuasar wrote:3. instead of using the whole command/syntax as above, can i not simply do this - run TRK Windows GUI once for my preferred tracker. then, copy the settings.xml and rules.xml files generated on the PC, to my remote server box, and then simply run the TRK command with bare-minimum parameters, like:

java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0 -active:1 
Yes, this is the best solution :)

Feel free to contact us any time :)

KilroyQuasar

Re: setting up TRK for BT-client on remote DLing server/NAS

Post by KilroyQuasar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:24 am

thanks for the response again!

now there're a few changes, and a few more doubts. let me write them one-by-one:

1. i re-ran deluge, and downloaded a public torrent this time. after it finished downloading, i found that deluge was seeding it properly. so i dropped the plan of uninstalling deluge, and tried to re-check pvt. torrents using TRK.

2. but i think TRK is not working here. i got a utility named 'mobaxterm' installed on my PC. with this, i can run GUI of softwares installed on my server, and the GUI windows would be forwarded to my PC. an very beneificial utility!
what i did was, ran TRK as GUI on my server, set it up according to my preference, and then ran deluge.

3. however, what happens is, if i enable proxy in the deluge thinclient (the 'webseed' and 'tracker' proxy fields), the tracker status gives error - 'tracker not found'. if i disable proxy, the status turns to 'announce OK', and the torrent starts downloading instantaneously. then, if without pausing the DL, i re-enable the proxy from the client-settings, the torrent still keeps on downloading, but the status again turns to 'error: not found'. this means i think that there's some communication-gap in the line between TRK and the client.

4. in my router, i have forwarded the port 3012, tried with first address as 127.0.0.1, and then as the IP address of my remote server too, but still, if i run TRK and then deluge, TRK still shows 'awaiting connections to the port', beneath the port-field in the GUI. is this normal?

please check some screenshots:

A) running TRK with GUI on the server:

B) TRK GUI comes up (pls note the status of the port):

C) i run deluge now, with proxy-settings as shows:

D) so the tracker-status becomes the following (sorry, this img is not very clear. it reads the tracker-status as 'Error: not found'):

now if i resume download in this state, it keeps downloading with the status as such. however, if i add a fresh pvt. torrent with the above proxy-settings, it refuses to download, unless i disable the proxy. then i can re-enable the proxy when the download has started, but the tracker-status then turns to 'error: not found'.

if while downloading, i disable the proxy, the tracker-status turns to 'Announce OK'. all this while, in TRK GUI, the port-field still says - 'waiting for connections to port 3012'.

am not understanding why TRK is not working here. would you be able to please try this on your machine, remote or local, with deluge? the trackers in subject are xbox-sky.cc, and filelist.ro (esp. the former).

P.S. - and yes, telnet establishes connection to 127.0.0.1 3012, as i had also written in one of my earlier posts.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:11 pm

KilroyQuasar wrote: 2. but i think TRK is not working here. i got a utility named 'mobaxterm' installed on my PC. with this, i can run GUI of softwares installed on my server, and the GUI windows would be forwarded to my PC. an very beneificial utility!
what i did was, ran TRK as GUI on my server, set it up according to my preference, and then ran deluge.
Thank you for sharing this app. :)
KilroyQuasar wrote: 3. however, what happens is, if i enable proxy in the deluge thinclient (the 'webseed' and 'tracker' proxy fields), the tracker status gives error - 'tracker not found'. if i disable proxy, the status turns to 'announce OK', and the torrent starts downloading instantaneously. then, if without pausing the DL, i re-enable the proxy from the client-settings, the torrent still keeps on downloading, but the status again turns to 'error: not found'. this means i think that there's some communication-gap in the line between TRK and the client.
Can you send me this .torrent file please? I'd like to see what announce urls are there. I will not launch it from my pc. My email is admin@torrentratiokeeper.com
KilroyQuasar wrote: 4. in my router, i have forwarded the port 3012, tried with first address as 127.0.0.1, and then as the IP address of my remote server too, but still, if i run TRK and then deluge, TRK still shows 'awaiting connections to the port', beneath the port-field in the GUI. is this normal?
"Waiting for connections" is normal. It means TRK are waiting when your torrent client will try to report uploaded/downloaded stats to the tracker. If TRK cannot open selected port (3012 or any other), it will show you the error message.
KilroyQuasar wrote: am not understanding why TRK is not working here. would you be able to please try this on your machine, remote or local, with deluge? the trackers in subject are xbox-sky.cc, and filelist.ro (esp. the former).
I don't have accounts for these 2 trackers. :( Please, send me any of them in a letter.

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:41 pm

hey admin! don't bother about my previous post now. i installed rtorrent+rutorrent on my remote-machine, and there seems to be some success running TRK with it! am running some test-downloads on it, as well as running a few tests on Deluge too. i will confirm about the results here soon! :)

a big advantage of rtorrent is that, perhaps, its the least resources-demanding software for a small remote-machine. even Deluge is fine, but Vuze is a real resources-hogger! hence, i have removed Vuze for the time being. if its confirmed that rtorrent and TRK will get along in a good way, then nothing like it! i will then post a short tutorial, or how i installed everything on my remote-machine, in this thread. :)

P.S. - am emailing you about the tracker(s). although there won't be any need now to check them from your side, but if you still want to, you may pls do some tests. :)

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi :)

It would be nice of you if you share the rtorrent tutorial. :)
I'm going to check torrent files and write you the results. Thank you.

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:47 am

administrator wrote:Hi :)

It would be nice of you if you share the rtorrent tutorial. :)
I'm going to check torrent files and write you the results. Thank you.
thanks! will do.
also, till now, with deluge, am seeing that if i keep downloading a torrent, even on the tracker announce status 'error: not found', my account on the tracker-page shows that i have downloaded nothing! and TRK is still updating stats properly. this is worrisome. i'll check again after the DL finishes and write here.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:09 am

Does this tracker use udp:// announce? Can you write announce protocols please?

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:22 am

sorry, but how do i check it? is this it?

http://bt1.xbox-sky.cc:8888/announce.php?sid=

(with Tier as '0')

this i what i found.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, so, i confirm that TRK & deluge work very cryptically, while rtorrent+ruTorrent+TRK work almost as uTorrent+TRK on PC! :)

with deluge+TRK, although the particular tracker's status reads 'not found' in the deluge-client, but the torrent still downloads, TRK updates some stats, but on the tracker-page, there's no info whether i downloaded or uploaded anything! its as if i fetched the whole torrent cryptically, without their knowing! :shock: :o :roll:
this isn't good, i suppose.

may be this is to do with some restriction that tracker has put on the use of deluge by its peers. its FAQ doesn't mention anything about deluge, plus, the tracker has a history of banning deluge earlier (perhaps due to some misunderstanding on their part), and its FAQ reads that if a member uses any torrent-client other than the ones mentioned in the FAQ, then he would be doing so at his own risk! i rarely spot anyone using deluge there to either seed or download or do both.

admin, if you could, please try to find some solution for this, because i really liked deluge; or, atleast, try to find what could be the issue/reason behind such a behaviour; though i know that you are already at it, trying. :)

meanwhile, TRK+rTorrent+ruTorrent are running successfully, fruitfully, & happily. :mrgreen:
i will post a summary of what all i did to run them on my remote-machine, soon :)

KilroyQuasar

Post by KilroyQuasar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:26 pm

awaiting your word admin, before i post a brief summary of what and how i did here. :)