What is best setting?

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
CruC

What is best setting?

Post by CruC » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi,

I buy Torrent Ratio Keeper Monster, I am new to torrent think, how can I increase my ratio, it seems its getting down..

I use utorrent 1.8.1

thanks

administrator
Support

Re: What is best setting?

Post by administrator » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:21 am

Hello.

Please, read the tutorial for Monster version. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. :)

You can increase upload or turn on the Seeder mode:
1. If your upload speed is not very high (less than 5-10MBit/s) you can try to increase upload on 10-20%. If you are adsl user with 0.5-2MBit you can set 50-100% increase. Sometimes users want to save traffic and limit upload. They can set 5-10kbyte/s upload and for them we added 1000% upload increase. This way tracker thinks that their upload speed is 50-100kbyte/s and ratio goes high.
2. The Seeder mode hides your downloads from tracker. The tracker will see you as seeder and will not count downloaded files. You can turn it on for the tracker and don't increase upload at all. While your torrent client will download and seed you will get the high ratio.
Please, write about your internet connection.

CruC

Post by CruC » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:42 am

administrator wrote:Hello.

Please, read the tutorial for Monster version. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. :)

You can increase upload or turn on the Seeder mode:
1. If your upload speed is not very high (less than 5-10MBit/s) you can try to increase upload on 10-20%. If you are adsl user with 0.5-2MBit you can set 50-100% increase. Sometimes users want to save traffic and limit upload. They can set 5-10kbyte/s upload and for them we added 1000% upload increase. This way tracker thinks that their upload speed is 50-100kbyte/s and ratio goes high.
2. The Seeder mode hides your downloads from tracker. The tracker will see you as seeder and will not count downloaded files. You can turn it on for the tracker and don't increase upload at all. While your torrent client will download and seed you will get the high ratio.
Please, write about your internet connection.

Thanks for the clues,

I began with ratio 0.0014 then it goes to 0.0001 now, I guess I am in terrible and I have to download 40 gb more Am I going to be banned? , My adsl connection is 4Mbit/s.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:35 pm

Try to open Advanced tab and select Seeder mode for the tracker, then you can increase your upload for this tracker on 50-150%. It will boost your ratio and the tracker will not count your downloads anymore. :)
If you have any questions or problems, feel free to ask.

CruC

Post by CruC » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:11 pm

administrator wrote:Try to open Advanced tab and select Seeder mode for the tracker, then you can increase your upload for this tracker on 50-150%. It will boost your ratio and the tracker will not count your downloads anymore. :)
If you have any questions or problems, feel free to ask.
Ok, thanks for your help... now 0.033 it goes up ... :) Great software :)

gwolf2u

Post by gwolf2u » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:14 pm

on your torrent client do you get any data to upload?
below I've included a image that shows how uTorrent uploads data at a estimated speed

-

Post by - » Tue May 25, 2010 6:58 pm

I understand that in Seeder mode tracker don't get my download info at all.
But what about the peers uploading to me, don't they report to the tracker that I'm downloading from them?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue May 25, 2010 7:34 pm

- wrote:I understand that in Seeder mode tracker don't get my download info at all.
But what about the peers uploading to me, don't they report to the tracker that I'm downloading from them?
They don't report your nick and tracker's admin cannot find you.

-

Post by - » Wed May 26, 2010 12:27 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess this is kind of paranoid but don't they report the ip(s) they're uploading to? If so, there's still a possibility.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed May 26, 2010 5:25 am

- wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I guess this is kind of paranoid but don't they report the ip(s) they're uploading to? If so, there's still a possibility.
No, they don't. The torrent client uploads amount of downloaded and uploaded traffic, nothing else.