Decrease Download Traffic Problem

Ask for help if you have problems with settings
Pendant

Decrease Download Traffic Problem

Post by Pendant » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Hello,

Firstly - thanks for what seems like a nice simple bit of software to assist with my ratio and some good info here on this site. I'm having a small problem with my free trial which I hope you can help out with before I make the decision to purchase.

I downloaded the trial version of TRK Leecher v3.5 today. The "Increased Upload" seems to be working ok but falling a bit short (set at 72% but in reality giving me around 57% - is that normal?) but the "Decrease Download Traffic" is not working at all (I set it at 59% so 1MB=419.84kb) but it did not decrease my download by anything at all.

I have restarted my PC and the programs but that hasn't made a difference.

The only thing I can think of is that I downloaded the "Basic" version first before then downloading the "Leecher" version later to give myself more options (both only in the last 24 hours, the Leecher version seems to have overwritten the Basic version). Would this prevent the "Decrease Download Traffic" part from working? If not, do you know what else I can try to get this function to work?

Many thanks,

P.

administrator
Support

Re: Decrease Download Traffic Problem

Post by administrator » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:10 am

Hello,

TRK Leecher uses Smart Traffic Multiplier by default and you cannot turn it off. We have this feature and many others for TRK Monster version only.
FAQ wrote:I set Increase Uploaded Traffic value to 500% and it shows only 320%. Why?
Our program tries to use your settings. To avoid suspicious activity on torrent trackers, it chooses the best suitable values, based on your settings. You can turn on "Disable the Smart Traffic Multiplier" on Expert Settings (Advanced tab) for the trackers, if you want to get exact multiplied values.

Pendant

Post by Pendant » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:03 am

Thanks, that's answered my question for the upload part.

Have you any help you can give me on my main question which is to do with the Download, or is that automatic settings too on Leecher and I need Monster version to use this feature?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Yes, it's correct for download also. You need Monster version to set Download decrease percent exactly.

Sorry for delay.

Pendant

Post by Pendant » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:01 am

So it's normal for the Leecher version to decide not to decrease download traffic by zero in some cases?

I downloaded 7.4GB and it registered as 7.4GB :shock:

If this is the case, I'm just wondering what the point of the "Decrease Download Traffic" feature is on Leecher version, if it does not work.

Thanks for your help - just trying to understand which version is best for me.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Yes, you are correct. Leecher version tries to use logic to stay undetected, while Monster version has many features for randomization (limiting speed per torrent, limiting speed per tracker, adding part of downloaded to uploaded, etc). It makes TRK Monster the best option for users who understands well the torrent cheating. "Decrease Download Traffic" works in both versions, but only Monster versions allows to get exact changes.

Please check Torrent Ratio Keeper FAQ:
Can I be banned?
You cannot be banned if you only use upload boost or "Seeder Mode" or "Emulate Upload Problems". Torrent trackers have no way of detecting these. If you use download boost, it will show that you are only downloading portions of files. It could look suspicious, but no one is banned for it at this time. Also, don't use the program all of the time. If your ratio is too high, it's not good. ;)
We've found that several Romanian, Russian, Indian, Chinese trackers can ban their users, if the upload increase is too high. For example, let's assume the maximum possible upload speed is 10MB/s in your country, and you are using 500% upload increase. Your speed will be 60MB/s, but admins know that there are no Internet Service Providers offering these speeds in your country. To avoid this problem, we recommend that you use "Seeder Mode", and no upload increase.
If you are going to use Download Decrease, you should know the tracker well and not use this feature all the time. It can be suspicious if you always don't download all files.

Pendant

Post by Pendant » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:23 am

Many thanks for your help and answers so far.
administrator wrote:"Decrease Download Traffic" works in both versions,
This is the problem I need help with then please, because it is NOT working for me in Leecher version. I have downloaded 3 items now and none of the downloads have been reduced. Is it because the programme is being intelligent and is taking the decision not to reduce the downloads because it does not think it is a good idea with this tracker? Or is it for some other reason you can advice? Thank you.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:38 pm

I can reply on this question if you show me the Rules.xml from TRK's installation folder. Please upload it and I'll explain you the reason.

Pendant

Post by Pendant » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks - I have PM'd this information to you.