Seeder mode stops seeders from showing up

Help us to make Torrent Ratio Keeper Better! Reply for bugs, errors and any suggestions.
Sluggo Smith

Seeder mode stops seeders from showing up

Post by Sluggo Smith » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:57 pm

i´ve got my different trackers all configured with "Seeder mode" checked, but now i noticed that at least three of them (all private) refuses to connect seeders to my uTorrent 2.0 client. As soon as i unchecked the "Seeder mode" box the seeders starts pouring in like a waterfall :mrgreen:

What could be the reason for that?

EDIT: Turned off "Seeder mode" as i said and now seeders are there. But.......instead no peers are connecting to my client. So only downloading is working, no uploading. This is somewhat strange........have i missed something in configuration?

administrator
Support

Re: Seeder mode stops seeders from showing up

Post by administrator » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:36 am

Hello.

We've got several feedbacks about this problem. Some private trackers don't give seeds to "seeds with the Seeder mode" anymore. :) We added this feature to solve the problem:

You can "add part of downloaded to uploaded". :)

Sluggo Smith

Post by Sluggo Smith » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:52 am

administrator wrote:Hello.

We've got several feedbacks about this problem. Some private trackers don't give seeds to "seeds with the Seeder mode" anymore. :) We added this feature to solve the problem:

You can "add part of downloaded to uploaded". :)
Man, that sounds like a brilliant idea, good work indeed. But how about the problem with seeders not connecting when in "Seeder mode"? Have done some experimenting here, and it works like a charm with open trackers like TPB and Demonoid, but certainly not with private ones, as i mentioned in my first post.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:23 pm

You need to turn off the Seeder Mode for these private trackers (not for all, many private trackers are fine). You will be able to download like normal leecher, but part of downloaded traffic will be counted as uploaded. :) Please read this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=232

Sluggo Smith

Post by Sluggo Smith » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:35 am

Excellent! Thank you very much!

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 am

If you have any ideas how we can improve the program, please, drop us a line :)