Incrase Upload Traffic not working well.

Help us to make Torrent Ratio Keeper Better! Reply for bugs, errors and any suggestions.
teck

Incrase Upload Traffic not working well.

Post by teck » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 am

Hiello!
It's my 1st day with TRK and when I was watching the advanced window i saw a problem.
I set Incrase UL Traffic to 1000%, open my torrent client and under (Advanced) ''Real Upload/Incrased To''
all is working well, untill it reach Real Upload to 10mb and than it stops to boost the upload and its counting just the real upload.
So when i Upload 5mb it show that it was incrased to +-50mb
8mb it show incrased +-80mb
10mb it show incrased +-100mb
15mb ------------------- +-100 mb
20mb ------------------- +-100 mb
50mb ------------------- +-100 mb
and so on...

Hope you did understand what is my problem and hope that theres a solution for that.
thanks in advance for your answer!

administrator
Support

Re: Incrase Upload Traffic not working well.

Post by administrator » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:29 pm

Hello,

You can turn on Disable the Smart Traffic Multiplier on the Expert Settings (Advanced tab\Tracker Settings) for several or all trackers.
— Disable the Smart Traffic Multiplier.

Torrent Ratio Keeper will use your selected Upload increase and Download decrease values without randomization. The program uses random values to increase upload or decrease download by default. This hides Torrent Ratio Keeper from the tracker. If you understand how the tracker works, you can turn this feature on, and the program will change traffic without randomization.

Please read these 2 topics for more details:
1. TRK smart multiply.
2. "Steps".

teck

Post by teck » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:31 am

Thanks alot for the answer, have to say that I didnt fully uderstad the Smart Traffic Multiplier fuction.
Just another question...is there any ''calculator'' to fast understand how much kb/s is TRK showing to the tracker?
It would be nice to have one, so it would be easy to limit the torrent client upload and simulate your real upload speed to the tracker...

Anyway I have to say that this program ROCKSS!!! Its awesome! :)

thanks again for your answer!

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:21 am

Tracker cannot know your speed (kb/s), but it can "calculate possible speed": tracker "checks" amount of uploaded data each X minutes (in most cases it's 20-30 mins interval). Lets say you uploaded 100mb in 1 minute and then 100mb in 30 mins. Your speed is different in these 2 cases, but the tracker will see same "speed".
Please read this topic for more details.

teck

Post by teck » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:58 pm

ok, thx again for taking your time!

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:35 pm

You are welcome :)