block tracker communications

Help us to make Torrent Ratio Keeper Better! Reply for bugs, errors and any suggestions.
justinbiber

block tracker communications

Post by justinbiber » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:50 pm

block tracker communications is not working... or is working but i get at tracker status "connecting..."
if i use this option i cant download at all

i think it works if i start the torrent and then i click on "block tracker communications"(start torrent when is off and turn after)
that's how it works? because if so then i dont know how if that's a good idea to use this option since it shows in Snatch List with 0 down 0 up*that could look a little suspicious.....

administrator
Support

Re: block tracker communications

Post by administrator » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:05 pm

You are correct. it works this way. It's ok to use it in case of several seeders and no or several leechers. It looks like you tried to download and stopped (maybe you couldn't download or didn't like low speed :)).

justinbiber

Post by justinbiber » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:08 am

maybe you couldn't download or didn't like low speed
no not really since it was a well seed torrent
so only way to use this option is by downloading the first torrents uploaded and then fast upload after finish(turning off that option after is 100% down)

it will be so much better if it was an option like this one but will not show in Snatch List,that will be perfect
thanks anyway for this awesome program

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:40 pm

justinbiber wrote:it will be so much better if it was an option like this one but will not show in Snatch List,that will be perfect
Sorry I didn't get the idea. Could you tell us more details? What can we hide from Snatch List?

Thank you.

justinbiber

Post by justinbiber » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 pm

sorry my english is not perfect

the only way for me to work "block tracker communications" option is by downloading the torrent and start and just then activate "block tracker communications"

but just it will always show that you started the torrent but never download (even if i finished download)
here is an example

what i did is i downloaded the torrent to 100% then turn off "block tracker communications"
but it shows there like in picture and that will look suspicious if a moderator will look in to my down/up list

and btw i think si a bug or something
after i turned off "block tracker communications" and stop then start torrent again even if i get upload speed i still dont get any up on the tracker

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:47 am

If your tracker allows DHT, then you can block tracker communications and never turn it off. This way you will download torrents without adding them to Snatch List. If your torrent tracker doesn't allow it, you can try other ways to cheat: increase upload, add downloaded to uploaded, seeder mode. There are many ways :) We are testing TRK with different trackers all the time and there is a way to increase ratio on any of them. :)