Trouble Activating on Java

Help us to make Torrent Ratio Keeper Better! Reply for bugs, errors and any suggestions.
phanesoaks

Trouble Activating on Java

Post by phanesoaks » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Alright I am running ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) and have opened torrentrationkeeper.jar (latest 3.9.9) in OpenJDK java 6 (linux open source java) Everything ran fine for the trial period. Then it was up, I clicked enter licence key, entered the licence key in the box, but there was no okay or accept button. The only way to exit the licence key box, is to click the close (x) button on title bar. when I clicked enter licence key again my key is still there but it is still in trial period and there is still no accept or okay button (or a cancel button for that matter)

I have also tried opening TRK in a port of sun java for linux (sun java 6 runtime). It opens and runs fine but still no accept button for licence key.

Last I used terminal : java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0 -lc:XXXXXXXXXX
I got it to work but then it said to enter a email address to confirm the licence and didn't know where to go from there. This also didn't fix the GUI side, i then opened torrentratiokeeper.jar and it still says trial period on the top.

I would like the GUI to work. PM me admin and let me know if there is something I can do or try. Keep up the awesome work!

phanesoaks

Re: Trouble Activating on Java

Post by phanesoaks » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 pm

So I was messing with Terminal and just typed : java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar and hit enter.

It came up with almost a different looking interface. It was still using OpenJDk but the buttons were better and the font was more compact and bold. I clicked enter licence key and bam! Buy, check key and cancel were there. So I entered the key and his check key, and It came up with the same thing I ran into terminal. That I had to enter a email address, But there was no place to put an email address into. Not even in the help menu. Nowhere. Now it says my key is invalid. ??? Invalid key? uh..... no.

phanesoaks

Post by phanesoaks » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Alright so I checked key again and It just said thanks for using RatioKeeper and all is well!!! Thanks!!

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Hello,

Sorry for delay. We were updating server side.
We will get Ubuntu 10.04 and check the license frame. Thank you for the report!

phanesoaks

Post by phanesoaks » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:55 pm

The way I got no licence frame buttons was to go through nautilus. Places> home folder> TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar and just double click it. It opens almost in a different interface but the layout is the same.

The way that worked was to go to terminal and launch TKR from there using : java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar
This way gave me a nicer interface and buttons in licence frame. Hope this helps anyone that was having the same troubles.

**Edit: I have figured it out!!! The problem is with sudo (superuser). I wanted to create a launcher icon (for easy access) of just java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar and to my suprize it came up saying trial period ended and had the no button licence interface. I remembered that I had to have super user permissions when I did it in terminal so I modified my launcher icon to sudo java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar and voilà! It came up perfect.

So to all having trouble entering TKR licence, do so unter superuser! sudo su!!

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks! We'll try it and check the interfaces. It's possible that your root have different GUI settings. When you use "su" java loads root GUI, not your default profile.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:55 pm

We've updated Java TRK:
1. License key form.
2. Full size Ubuntu Icon.

phanesoaks

Post by phanesoaks » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Very nice! Love the full Ubuntu icon. And can now see licence buttons with out sudo. Sweet! Your amazing, and that was fast.