How can you not get caught?

Ask for information about Torrent Ratio Keeper and how it works
administrator
Support

Re: How can you not get caught?

Post by administrator » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Hello,

Sometimes user wants to cheat quick. He sets 10 GB/hour and got the ban. It's sad and we warn users in our FAQ about it. I don't use RatioMaster myself anymore, but I tried RT several years ago and got ban too. The reason was simple: tracker admin closed the torrent and RT was seeding and uploading. TRK solves this and many other problems - it works over your torrent client. If your torrent client cannot do something, TRK will not work. This way you are safe.

You can use TRK on any tracker (except only if there are less than 10 users total). Don't upload too much and that's it. Our Russian, Chinese and Indian users asked about "Seeder mode" and "Add part of downloaded to uploaded" features. Internet in these countries is not so fast and users got a problem - when they increase upload, they get ban. Because there are no Internet Services Providers with high speed and tracker admins know it. TRK's features allow to limit uploading on your torrent client (1-3kb/s) and just downloading what ever you want. Tracker will see you as a seeder and will not count downloaded traffic if you turn on the "Seeder mode". "Adding downloaded to uploaded" allows to keep your ratio if you or your ISP has NAT. This way you don't upload too much, you are keeping ratio and you are able to download anything. There are many ways to cheat... :) Unreal high ratio is not a point of the program. Our software allows you to download whatever you want without seeding and waiting. High ratio (2-5) is great and sometimes gives VIP access, more seeds or some other bonuses, no need for unreal high ratio in most cases.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:03 pm

I hope you don't mind and I will reply here on your feedback:
My other question is in using the expert settings:

1) When using the option underneath Seeder where it uploads a certain percentage as you download. How risky is it to use that? It seems to good to be true?
It's good solution if you cannot boost upload somewhy (like NAT, very limited upload, low ISP speed, etc). You can use this feature even if torrent has no leechers. Lets take this situation: you are no TRK user and you are uploading content to someone with Seeder mode. Tracker will see that you uploaded something, but there are no leechers. :) Admin can suspect you or any other seeder. It's a very hard question for tracker admins. They cannot know who is cheating and who is not. They can find you only if you made something unreal like too high upload, which is possible to see.
If you have spacial account on small private tracker and you know that admins have a lot of free time to check their users, compare their stats, its possible that they can find you, but its a lot of work for them.
2) For someone who gets 512kbp upload what is a safe setting to use? I usually get around 55kb max on upload? For testing I have put to 1000%, but curious your thoughts.
Please read my first reply. If ISP in your country has low bandwidth, it may be risky. We suggest to limit upload speed to 1-2kb/s and increase upload as much as you want.
I have tried the Seeder mode on two different trackers and when I turned it on, I stopped getting connections. I am not sure which trackers actually work for it but will keep trying.
Yes, we've got information about it. Seeder mode pissed off many admins... They added protection against it. When your torrent client shows that it has full file and can seed, torrent tracker stops giving seeds and gives only leechers. If the torrent has no leechers, your torrent client will stop, if there are many leechers, your torrent client will download from them :)
I was able to turn on the part where you enable upload while you download, that worked fine. In fact worked great! But lets say I come to a torrent that has 10 seeds but no leechers I am guesing I should not turn this option on correct? Only do it when a certain number of leechers?

I am not sure what to set it to in terms of percentage to not look suspicious, I am not looking for super high ratio just enough so I don't get banned.
We suggest to use not round percent (like 3, 7, 12, 14, etc, not 5, 10, 15, 20, 25). If tracker admin has a lot of free time, he can see that you upload 1/4 or 1/5, etc of downloaded. "Ugly" percent looks much more natural for people.
I also tried turning on the feature where it Block Tracker Communications so nothing counts, but for some reason did not work and my dl ratio still got counted, maybe I just did it wrong, not sure I understand you have to click on it after the torrent starts. I will keep testing it.
After you blocked the tracker, your torrent client will not be able to connect to it. Tracker will not count any info about your uploads or downloads.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:49 am

This part I still do not understand, if my client is not able to connect to it, how am I able to download the torrent? What is the order one should do this? click on torrent let it start downloading and maybe once it gets to 0.9 downloaded hit the blocker? And then rest wont be counted?
Many trackers support DHT. If you block the tracker, torrent client still can use DHT. This way it's nice solution: you are downloading through DHT seeders and no traffic on tracker's stats. :)

Josephine

Post by Josephine » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:31 am

Hey guys, I'll follow your advices not to get caught! Thanks for the explanation, now everything is set clear!