banned by a site

Ask for information about Torrent Ratio Keeper and how it works
michael

banned by a site

Post by michael » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:16 am

I got banned by a site due to a question I posted on it. I tried to re-register by changing email and id, it gave me an error saying that I can't register twice, so I thought maybe it's checking my ip, so I used a proxy (Hotspot Shield), and still it gave me the same error. How can the site know that it's the same person/computer? I'm using a proxy, different id and email, is it tracking using my mac address? If so, how can I change it?
Thanks for your comment/suggestion
Michael

administrator
Support

Re: banned by a site

Post by administrator » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:45 am

Did you delete browser's cookies? They can identify you by cookies. I don't know what "Hotspot Shield" is. If its good private proxies, it should help to register new account.

michael

Post by michael » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:14 am

administrator wrote:Did you delete browser's cookies? They can identify you by cookies. I don't know what "Hotspot Shield" is. If its good private proxies, it should help to register new account.
OK, thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. Yes, Hotspot Shield is a free private proxy.
Michael

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:09 am

Torrent tracker can ban free private proxy because their ips are well known and if someone uses them he hides something :)

michael

Post by michael » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 am

administrator wrote:Torrent tracker can ban free private proxy because their ips are well known and if someone uses them he hides something :)
Now I'm confused, I thought proxy's purpose is to disguise the ip of the user, so it'll report a fake ip to tracker or site, how tracker will know a proxy ip?
Michael

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:44 am

You are correct. Site sees proxy IP instead of yours. The problem is that many people uses same proxy IP and public proxies doesn't keep their IP in secret. That's why its easy to find the public proxies list and ban them.