Demonoid seed question

Ask for information about Torrent Ratio Keeper and how it works
michael

Demonoid seed question

Post by michael » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:22 am

I downloaded several ebook torrents from Demonoid, all reported the torrent has over 30 seeders, but when I started downloading them, they showed 0 seeders and 1 leech. I've waited several days and still the same, I went back to Demonoid and those torrents still reported similar seeders/leeches and the update showed just few hours old. I've added public trackers to no avail. Anyone knows why? Is it because of my location different from the seeders?
Thanks for your comment/suggestion
Michael

administrator
Support

Re: Demonoid seed question

Post by administrator » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 am

Do you have Seeder mode on TRK on?
I cannot download anything from tracker when Seeder Mode is on.
Tracker sees your Torrent Client as a seeder because the torrent client doesn't send any reports about downloaded files. A few torrent trackers don't give seeds for the seeders. If Seeder Mode is on you will have low download speed or no downloading at all on these trackers.

michael

Post by michael » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:12 am

administrator wrote:Do you have Seeder mode on TRK on?
No, I don't have seeder mode ON, but other torrents are OK, so it's only those ebook torrent that I was trying to download that showed 0 seeders.
Michael

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:08 am

Please try to close TRK, then run your torrent client. Does it download them fine?

michael

Post by michael » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:25 am

administrator wrote:Please try to close TRK, then run your torrent client. Does it download them fine?
It has nothing to do with TRK, even with TRK down, it's still shows 0 seeder, and several people reported on the comments of the torrent that they could donwload fine, so I suspect it has something to do with my low rate.
Michael

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 am

If you have too low ratio, its possible that Demonoid doesn't give you seeds. We didn't test it for Demonoid, but several other trackers do it.

michael

Post by michael » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:43 am

administrator wrote:If you have too low ratio, its possible that Demonoid doesn't give you seeds. We didn't test it for Demonoid, but several other trackers do it.
It seems to me that most of the programs to boost the ratio (TRK, RM) does not work any longer with some of the torrent sites (seems most of the private site are blocking), I got connection error when trying to use those apps, with uTorrent it worked just fine with the same torrents (either up/download), so it seems to me that Demonoid is blocking ratio booster (it seems to me only public tracker can be cheated, not private).
This is the message I got from TRK:
real up/download, saved, = 0
real up/download, cheated up/down = not available
Michael

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:51 am

TRK works fine on Demonoid and many other private trackers like iptorrents or what.cd. We use it almost everyday. :) What settings do you have on TRK right now for Demonoid?

michael

Post by michael » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:00 am

administrator wrote:TRK works fine on Demonoid and many other private trackers like iptorrents or what.cd. We use it almost everyday. :) What settings do you have on TRK right now for Demonoid?
These are my settings:
Under Tracking Settings:
- Increased Uploaded Traffic: 385%
- Decreased Downloaded Traffic: 50%
- Add 58-59% of downloaded to uploaded
- Make sure that your fake upload increase speed for single .torrent does not exceed 100-150kB/s checked
- Make sure that your fake upload increase speed for single torrent tracker does not exceed 120-200kB/s checked
- all other checkboxes unchecked
currently seeding 2 torrents (1 I created myself, the other finished downloading and seeding right now).
But on the available trackers page shows for demonoid tracker:
- 0 speed for real upload/increase, real download/decrease and saved
- real upload/download and cheated upload/download shows not available

Did I miss anything?
Michael

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:23 am

Sounds good.
Do you see blinking bullets on general tab next to your torrent client's name? Do you see any upload on your torrent client?