If your server is down, the program is down?

Here you can find answers to various Torrent Ratio Keeper related questions.
Waseem

If your server is down, the program is down?

Post by Waseem » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:51 am

Hello Owner!

Why doesn't the program work if your server is down? When your server was down few weeks ago, the program wasn't be able to login, and failed to do its job as a Ratio Keeper. Can you please do something about that?
Thanks!

administrator
Support

Re: If your server is down, the program is down?

Post by administrator » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:47 pm

Hello,

Our hoster had a problem and our system was down. We've moved to another hoster with better uptime.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Waseem

Post by Waseem » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Thank you for your reply.
But why must the program be down when your system is down?
It means that the program is not a standalone app, it establishes a connection to your server, and this is really bad.
That means when ever you decide to stop your service, everyone who owned and purchased this program is screwed.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi,

We are not going to close our servers. Also you can see many software and games companies like Steam, Microsoft, Google do the same.

TRKuser001

Post by TRKuser001 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:01 pm

I have to agree 100% with Waseem. Your licensing method sucks. When your servers went down I had to scramble for some kind of alternative. I think it's ridiculous that TRK has to check EVERYTIME you run it. Once it's licensed and verified it should run whether or not it can contact the servers, until something changes, like an upgrade or reinstallation. And don't rule out your servers going down permanently. Anything can happen. And like Waseem pointed out, if that happens everyone is screwed.

Not only that, when it does stop working you never even know it. This has happened to me quite a few times and by the time I realized what was going on after several days my ratios were in shambles and it took me weeks to recover, and in some cases never recovered.

I haven't used Steam, but I've extensively used Microsoft and Google software and I've never seen one example of software that simply stops working if it goes offline.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:11 am

Hi

We are going to setup backup servers this week and even if main server is down, TRK will work fine. Also the current hoster is much more stable than previous.