TRK 4.0 for Linux/*BSD/MacOS is available!

The latest news about Torrent Ratio Keeper
administrator
Support

TRK 4.0 for Linux/*BSD/MacOS is available!

Post by administrator » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Hello!

Today we've released Torrent Ratio Keeper Beta for Linux/*BSD/MacOS. This version runs on any PC with Java 1.5/1.6/1.7 installed.
After the first time launching the program, you will see this screen:

Look at the right bottom corner. You will see active port. You can change it or leave it as is.
Now you should launch your torrent client and enter "localhost:3012" as HTTP proxy.
Example for uTorrent (Click Options\Preferences\Connection):

Example for Vuze (Click Tools\Options\Connection):

Example for Deluge (Click Options\Preferences\Connection):

Example for Transmission (Click Edit\Preferences\Proxy):
If you run Transmission as daemon or console application, settings.json should have settings like:
"proxy": "localhost",
"proxy-auth-enabled": false,
"proxy-auth-password": "",
"proxy-auth-username": "",
"proxy-enabled": true,
"proxy-port": 3012,
"proxy-type": 0,

You can start your downloading or seeding. Wait a minute, and the program will automatically add the trackers to the list. You can change upload boost for each of them to increase your torrent ratio.

You'll see the values in the table update, within 1-2 hours. This depends on the tracker update time (you can find it in your torrent client).
The first value is the real uploaded traffic, and the second next is what the program sent to the tracker.

You can also run TRK from command line on your server, router or seedbox:

Code: Select all

Usage: java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0 [OPTIONS]

-ui:1|0 (launch TRK with gui or without. Default - 1)
-active:1|0 (Activate TRK for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 1)
-upinc:0..1000 (Increase Uploaded Traffic for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 75(%))
-downdec:0..100 (Decrease Downloaded Traffic for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0, turned off)
-seeder:1|0 (Turn on Seeder mode for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0)
-noup:1|0 (Emulate Upload Problems for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0)
-blocktracker:1|0 (Block Tracker Communications for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0)
--- Add x-y% of downloaded to uploaded ---
-adddowntoup:1|0 (Add x-y% of downloaded to uploaded for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0)
-adddowntoupx:0..100000 (X of adddowntoup for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 25)
-adddowntoupy:0..100000 (Y of adddowntoup for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 33)
--- Limit torrent fake upload speed ---
-limtorrent:1|0 (Make sure that your fake upload increase speed for single .torrent doesn't exceed X-Y kb/s for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0, turned off)
-limtorrentx:0..100000 (X kb/s of limtorrent for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 100)
-limtorrenty:0..100000 (Y kb/s of limtorrent for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 150
--- Settings ---
-port:1..65535 (TRK listens this port. You need to setup your torrent client to use the port as HTTP proxy. Default port is 3012. Example: localhost:3012)
-lc:<TRK_license_key> (The license key activates TRK on your PC. It's enough to launch TRK with this parameter one time.)
--help (display this help and exit)

Example: java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0 -seeder:1 -noup:0 -upinc:112 -downdec:0

dickie

Re: Linux/*BSD/MacOS version is available!

Post by dickie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi, noob question. I am using Mandriva 2010, how do i instal this.

Thanks guys

R

administrator
Support

Linux/*BSD/MacOS version is available!

Post by administrator » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:52 pm

You can try to double click jad file. If you have Java (JRE) installed you will able to run it. I found this tutorial for Mandriva.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 am

very bed work for linux =(
transmission
deluge
qbittorent

dowlaod proxy is not
I start the download through the default settings, put on pause and turn on the proxy, but even then the result of questionable

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Do you see updated stats on TRK and on tracker? Are they correct? Could you write TRK settings?
Thank you.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:37 pm

everything works, I'm frightened, made a picture, I decided to check and put it on a large file uploads, up to this all took place in a local network with small files, maybe that was the problem.=)

but was not settled the issue with the first injection point there are 3 versions of events =\
1-torrent long swings
2-a few minutes download goes, but very slowly
3-pause, we remove the proxy entry and as soon as download starts put back the proxy

p.s I wrote a mini-FAQ for Russian users, and you can include it on your site
http://pronix.net.ru/?p=568

p.p.s you see the difference in design when start using the program's Root O_o

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Hello.

Torrent Ratio Keeper should work fine with any .torrent (file or files). If you have any problems, please send .torrent file to us to check it.

Downloading speed depends on seeds/peers count. Torrent client can spend first few minutes on checking peers speed. Please provide more information about your torrent client and the tracker if possible. We will check it.

It's not recommended to turn on/off TRK while torrent client works. It will reduce the upload boost and it will look "strange" from the tracker's perspective.

It's possible that root and user have different skins. :)

Thank you for the mini-FAQ. :)

waythor

Post by waythor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:26 am

I'm having trouble with installing this on OSX. I the .jar file that you get after extracting the zip file only appears as a folder and not an executable. I have the latest versions of OSX and Java. Any ideas?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:19 am

Hello.

You need to double click the .jar file to launch it. No need to extract files.

Python

Post by Python » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:52 am

Can it be run as a daemon?