TRK v4 FreeBSD 9-Current

Help us to make Torrent Ratio Keeper Better! Reply for bugs, errors and any suggestions.
CATS

TRK v4 FreeBSD 9-Current

Post by CATS » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:56 am

I have Tried Both v4 versions for Linux the leecher and monster java file

program just closes after around 10 secs
( also during start up it sayed it could not connect to TRK server )

also when I clicked on Register not much of a box came up .. was the size of my curser and had no way to close it

any way to get the older versions for testing ?

I would screen shot but have no way to do it currently

administrator
Support

Re: TRK v4 FreeBSD 9-Current

Post by administrator » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Hello,

Can you show me where can I get FreeBSD 9? I see that 8.4 the latest version: http://www.freebsd.org/where.html

Can you try launch TRK as console app, please? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=224

Code: Select all

Usage: java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0 [OPTIONS]

-ui:1|0 (launch TRK with gui or without. Default - 1)
-active:1|0 (Activate TRK for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 1)
-upinc:0..1000 (Increase Uploaded Traffic for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 75(%))
-downdec:0..100 (Decrease Downloaded Traffic for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0, turned off)
-seeder:1|0 (Turn on Seeder mode for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0)
-noup:1|0 (Emulate Upload Problems for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0)
-blocktracker:1|0 (Block Tracker Communications for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0)
--- Add x-y% of downloaded to uploaded ---
-adddowntoup:1|0 (Add x-y% of downloaded to uploaded for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0)
-adddowntoupx:0..100000 (X of adddowntoup for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 25)
-adddowntoupy:0..100000 (Y of adddowntoup for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 33)
--- Limit torrent fake upload speed ---
-limtorrent:1|0 (Make sure that your fake upload increase speed for single .torrent doesn't exceed X-Y kb/s for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 0, turned off)
-limtorrentx:0..100000 (X kb/s of limtorrent for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 100)
-limtorrenty:0..100000 (Y kb/s of limtorrent for the new tracker (Default Settings). Default value is 150
--- Settings ---
-port:1..65535 (TRK listens this port. You need to setup your torrent client to use the port as HTTP proxy. Default port is 3012. Example: localhost:3012)
-lc:<TRK_license_key> (The license key activates TRK on your PC. It's enough to launch TRK with this parameter one time.)
--help (display this help and exit)

Example: java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0 -seeder:1 -noup:0 -upinc:112 -downdec:0

CATS

Post by CATS » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:49 pm

For the Latest and Greatest FreeBSD

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/

Test Builds are stored their

I was using x86 build

just tried redoing Java install today using open java Build instead of ORACLE's

just about to test it now

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Which version do you use? Can you give me direct link on iso, please? We will test TRK on it.

CATS

Post by CATS » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:14 pm

FreeBSD# uname -a
FreeBSD FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Jun 15 18:25:33 EST 2011 root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL i386

using KDE4

I rebuild it weekly ,

Currently working on an All in One Box Torrent Downloads , Multimedia Box , VM Box , Router OS , ZFS RaidZ Box , so far only FreeBSD 9 supports my sound / raid card ..

I can go back to 8.2-Stable as another test run

and just redone a few Java installs

jdk16- Currently installed
linux-sun-jdk16
openjdk6
openjdk7

damn thing just closes in under a min even with CLI

FreeBSD# java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperleech.jar -ui:0
Please read Torrent Ratio Keeper tutorial to setup the torrent client if you launched the app first time: http://www.torrentratiokeeper.com/javatutorial
Cannot connect to the Torrent Ratio Keeper server. Please check your internet connection.
FreeBSD#

could it be because its not connecting to the TRK Server ?

QBitTorrent is Going to be my Client maybe ...

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:24 pm

I'm downloading ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snaps ... 6-dvd1.iso Thanks.

I'll try TRK on it with ORACLE's Java. Many people use TRK on Ubuntu and CentOS with openjdk (different versions) and it works fine. I have feeling it's some firewall problem that doesn't allow TRK to connect to other hosts.

CATS

Post by CATS » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:26 am

No Firewalls Enabled that I know of I could give the BOX full DMZ for another test

my hosts file has not really been configured properly either but the only program that I use that complains about it is cvsup

Downgrading to 8.2-Stable today

any such verbose mode that could be enabled ? or should I build Java with debugging ?

I do have a few NICS not in use at the moment I might disable them just in case its trying to use them

so would the closing be because it has not connected to the server ?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Hello,

Sorry for delay. It took time to install FreeBSD on vmware and setup it. I couldn't run kde4 on vmware and I will describe all steps for console mode. It must be same as for GUI.

1. First of all I've installed FreeBSD 8.2 and openjdk:

pkg_add -r openjdk6
It allows to execute java apps and I see it's close to Linux openjdk.

2. Downloading TRK:

curl -O http://www.torrentratiokeeper.com/download/TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar
3. Launching TRK:

java -jar TorrentRatioKeeperMonster.jar -ui:0
TRK shows that it works:

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:22 pm

I didn't turn on or edit firewall rules (not sure if its on or off. I'm new to *bsd). TRK should work without any problems if your pc has internet connection.

CATS

Post by CATS » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:13 pm

Fixed host file and removed spare NIC's still nothing
Tried with Fresh boot before KDE was loaded still the same
Just about to add the java package instead of doing a port install .. Apart from that will make a fresh install on a VirtalBox

Assuming I can just point the Torrent Client to the Proxy on the VirtualBox or is TRK Restricted to 127. local access