TRK v4 FreeBSD 9-Current

Help us to make Torrent Ratio Keeper Better! Reply for bugs, errors and any suggestions.
administrator
Support

Re: TRK v4 FreeBSD 9-Current

Post by administrator » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 am

Can you "ping www.torrentratiokeeper.com" and "telnet www.torrentratiokeeper.com 80"? Does it work?
If it does, then your java has some kind of limits (firewall or other settings).

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:54 am

I wounder if Vuze works on your pc... Can you try it please? (It's java app too)

CATS

Post by CATS » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:03 am

Vuze was Port installed and worked ,
*edit*

Correction did not work!! I was stuck with a port issue, so maybe I have some networking issue with java , will look into it further

I just thought I used QBitTorrent because its less bloated :P

also it has acess to your website

via http / fetch / curl

*edit*

ok it is a known issue with ipv6 and java ( FreeBSD java socket close problem )

I will just have to remove all my ipv6 support ,,, which i had thought i had done
Last edited by CATS on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:16 am

Now we know that there is some problem with java. :)
How did you install java? Can you remove package and install again with pkg_add?

CATS

Post by CATS » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Same issue with 9RC2 but its defiantly a jdk16 issue

ended up De-installing and using openjdk7

Do you know how to have open jdk integrate into KDE so I do not have to use cmd line ?

the other would be is their any way to have a random ratio cheat >? ie on every send range from .5x to 3x what ever the download speed is ?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Do you know how to have open jdk integrate into KDE so I do not have to use cmd line ?
You can create .sh file and put it on the desktop.
the other would be is their any way to have a random ratio cheat >? ie on every send range from .5x to 3x what ever the download speed is ?
Download the latest version please.
You can set random speed per torrent or add random percent of downloaded to uploaded.

We suggest to seed/leech several torrents at a time (like 3-5). This way its very hard to detect cheating.

CATS

Post by CATS » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:30 pm

(after I posted I noticed the setting I was after :P )

using the % of Downloaded to Uploaded

I just made it 50% - 300% with the fake caped at a kbs rate .. seems to work good
but maybe instead of a single torrent speed cap it could be a tracker Global cap ?

I am wishing it had more verbose output like ratio-faker had as it
displayed every send real and fake values I was actually hoping it would have shown this in the cmd line

( not that I have played around with it much yet been to busy getting my power save features working correctly PC is spiking near 900 watts during a few compiles and idling around 200 watts after some builds are completed .. somethings just not turning off ( should idle @ 70 watts with HDD's being accessed )

actual what would make this great would be if something like deluge is done where you can run a daemon and remote connected into it via a gui ...

but so far my only real gripe is the panels are not customizable the tracker settings use up almost all the screen is their a way to hide it or instead of having a right / left split or have a top bottom split so one can actually read the tracker stats ?

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:10 am

I just made it 50% - 300% with the fake caped at a kbs rate .. seems to work good
but maybe instead of a single torrent speed cap it could be a tracker Global cap ?
It's too big difference, sorry. I'm using 110-115% myself to avoid "speed jumps". Torrent trackers log user's upload speed to detect cheating and in most cases user's connection has constant speed (limited by isp or torrent client settings). If speed changes a lot it looks suspicious.
I am wishing it had more verbose output like ratio-faker had as it
displayed every send real and fake values I was actually hoping it would have shown this in the cmd line
Its good idea and we will add this feature to todo list. :)
( not that I have played around with it much yet been to busy getting my power save features working correctly PC is spiking near 900 watts during a few compiles and idling around 200 watts after some builds are completed .. somethings just not turning off ( should idle @ 70 watts with HDD's being accessed )
How do you check current W? Do you try to put PC asleep?
actual what would make this great would be if something like deluge is done where you can run a daemon and remote connected into it via a gui ...
but so far my only real gripe is the panels are not customizable the tracker settings use up almost all the screen is their a way to hide it or instead of having a right / left split or have a top bottom split so one can actually read the tracker stats ?
We will check how can we solve remote access problem. What's your screen resolution?

CATS

Post by CATS » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 am

administrator wrote: It's too big difference, sorry. I'm using 110-115% myself to avoid "speed jumps". Torrent trackers log user's upload speed to detect cheating and in most cases user's connection has constant speed (limited by isp or torrent client settings). If speed changes a lot it looks suspicious.
that's why I think a Global limit on a particular tracker would be good idea

so if you are only downloading 1x torrent from a particular tracker you can make use of maximum upstream fake but if you download multiple torrents from the same tracker their is the safety wall that when combined they will not go past a realistic line limit

300% works for me because I keep my Downloads around 1/4 of my Lines limit so my pings stay nice
administrator wrote:We will check how can we solve remote access problem. What's your screen resolution?
I would say if it was a wide screen @ 1400 res it would not be a problem its 1280 wide but still not enough to widen the tracker list

its no real biggi it just surprised me we can move the tracker details but not the config panel
if i minimize the tracker ratio i can see every thing i want

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:53 pm

that's why I think a Global limit on a particular tracker would be good idea

so if you are only downloading 1x torrent from a particular tracker you can make use of maximum upstream fake but if you download multiple torrents from the same tracker their is the safety wall that when combined they will not go past a realistic line limit
We have this feature for windows version, but its still beta. There is a problem. Several torrent trackers has "cross servers". One .torrent has trackers' list like this:

Code: Select all

server1.domain.com
server2.domain.com
Other .torrent has:

Code: Select all

server1.domain.com
server3.domain.com
If user increase upload for the .torrents, all cross servers get correct values, but if user turn on speed limit for single torrent tracker, they will get different upload reports. We are looking for solution for this problem.

Can you show full screen screenshot with TRK running?