Work towards certain ratio's

Help us to make Torrent Ratio Keeper Better! Reply for bugs, errors and any suggestions.
StreamerX

Work towards certain ratio's

Post by StreamerX » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Setting a low download and a high upload the ratio will increase fast.
I'll try to decribe the problem with an example.
Download=50%
Then all your torrents show up as 50%. That can look supicious if it happens to all your torrents.
So I think a system is needed that a torrent always goes to 100% downloaded.
When a torrent reaches a preset ratio for example 2.5 slowly start bumping up the download until it reaches 100%
All ratio's at 2.5 is suspious to so some sort or randomizing would be great.
For example work toward a ratio per torrent of between 0.8 and 2.5

Many trackers give more privileges when the ratio and upload in GBs improves.
A way to update those stats would be nice!
Ofcourse TRK can't read that ratio; so my suggestion is a per tracker option with a Uploaded, Downloaded and desired ratio input. Then TRK knows your account status an can work toward the desired ratio.
Here also a added randomisation would be a good thing too. A ratio always exactly at the same value is weird too.

Just my 2 cents.

administrator
Support

Re: Work towards certain ratio's

Post by administrator » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:07 am

Hello.

This is a very nice idea. Thank you, we will add options for randomizing.
For now TRK has randomizing inside. It can change upload/download % depends on uploaded/downloaded traffic of current torrent. The more you uploaded the less % increased (Lets say you uploaded 100-200mb and 500% increase is ok, but if you uploaded 2-3gb, it's ban. TRK depends on uploaded traffic for single torrent auto changes its uploaded increase, but tries to keep same upload as on settings as much as possible).

This is from FAQ:
8.I set in settings Increase Uploaded Traffic to 500% and I see on stats only 320%. Why?

Our program tries to use your settings. To avoid suspicious activity on torrent trackers it chooses best values according your settings.

StreamerX

Post by StreamerX » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 am

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm aware of 8.1 from the manual. I wrote my idea the way I wrote to make it readeble. Well slightly readeble ;)

It's hard to be 100% sure looking at things from the outside being an user; but I think when the torrent is 100% downloaded and/or there are no peers no uploading is done/faked. Correct? I can understand you don't want to answer such a question to protect the logic of your code. As long as you understand me that's fine :mrgreen:
Trackers usually only show your stats in a global format. (all torrents combined) I don't know if the crew can see stats per torrent. Then it would be weird if someone never downloads more than 50% of a torrent but always fully seeds it (on a private tracker). That's why I suggested that torrents must always be shown fully downloaded. I'm no expert on the torrent protocol but IIRC the tracker has no influence of what peers/seeders send to eachother.
So my guess is that as long as there are peers TRK can (slowly) bump up the downloaded data.

If a certain (private) tracker gives you all priviledges at say a 1.5 ratio TRK should start 'fixing' the above mentioned 'to few downloaded' problem while staying on the 1.5 ratio (+ randomisation)

Imagine your account on a private tracker where you have no uploader status.
Uploaded 675GB - Downloaded 22 GB / 100 torrents.
That would mean a torrent on average is 22/100=225MB
That's very weird when you are for example on a private movie tracker where the smallest file is 700MB (divx) and the largest 9GB (DVD-9) or larger (blu-ray).

When programs like TRK get more popular trackers will start to do more smart checks on all kind of weird stats.
That's why TRK needs to get smarter and smarter to outsmart the trackers.
I have idea's how trackers can spot the TRK behaviour. I'll won't put it here publicly to not educate the enemy.
I can PM it to you if you ask.

administrator
Support

Post by administrator » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:08 am

Goal is get ratio high and not get ban, right? :)
Lets read FAQ:

Code: Select all

9.Is it possible that I will be banned by torrent admins?

You cannot get ban if you use only upload boost. Torrent trackers have no detectors for it. If you will use download boost, it will show that you download only part of files. It can look suspicions, but no bans for it for now. Also don't use program all the time. If ratio is too high, it's not so good too ;)
I'm using TRK myself for about year on many trackers (and I know how tracker work) and never get banned. Please, start TRK. When you select mode, it changes only upload traffic. Only High/Custom increase mode changes download, but it's not recommended (see note from FAQ above). With TRK you cannot be banned and you need upload. Sometimes you cannot upload much (too many seeders, slow speed, NAT, etc) and TRK is solution to keep ratio. :)